Seasons change suddenly. One day it’s cold outside, and suddenly you are sweating. Don’t get caught off guard, and always check for windows, doors, and siding to ensure that everything is working perfectly.
When you go outside to make inspections, you might notice essential things that will inform you regarding the state of everything. For example, if you see shingles on the ground, it indicates that your roof might be in need of repair. Painting the house could also be on your checklist.
To make things easier for you, we have created a checklist to observe when inspecting siding, doors and windows:
● Check the caulking around your windows. Is it cracked, pulling away or separating? If so, this is where the water could enter and cause significant damage.
● Pay close attention to gaps around your windows. If there is a significant gap, smoke or bad air could enter. Also feel for the drafts coming through a window
● Check if there is any fogging in between the panes of glass
● Check if the floor in front of the windows has any discoloration. If so, it means the UV coating is not working
● Check if the weep holes are clogged. If they are clogged, the water after a rain could not drain and could possibly enter into the house
● Are the exterior glazing beads intact or have they started to come off?
● Check if there is dry rot present anywhere
● All the caulking around the exterior of the house should be checked
● Gaps in and around the doors
● Check the status of weatherstripping, whether its intact or not
● Is the siding wavy and/or buckled? If so, this can lead to water infiltration.
The above mentioned things are just to get you started. There is much more to ensure that your house is fully protected when the weather changes. If you are not sure how to check everything, it is always good to call an expert. The goal is to make sure your home remains energy-efficient while being comfortable at the same time.
Texas Custom Exteriors offer free home consultation. That’s right, we won’t charge you anything for a consultation, and you will have a clear estimate in hand regarding the repairs and replacement that ought to be done. Your safety and comfort are our priority. So give us a call whenever you feel comfortable, and we will be here to assist you in every possible way.